Equality and diversity policy statement
Kopek Security is passionate and committed to promoting equality and diversity in all its activities to promote inclusive processes, practices and culture.
- We will strive to work to eliminate any unlawful or unfair discrimination including direct or indirect discrimination, discrimination by association, discrimination linked to a perceived characteristic, harassment and victimisation.
- We will remain proactive in taking steps to ensure inclusion and engagement for all the people who work for and with us.
- We will continue to strive towards a culture that is diverse and inclusive that recognises and develops the potential of all staff and service users.
- We recognise the business benefits and opportunities of having a diverse community of staff who value one another and realising the contribution they can make to achieving Kopek Security’s vision ‘changing lives, reducing crime’.
This includes promoting equality and diversity for all irrespective of:
- age *
- disability *
- ethnicity (including race, colour and nationality) *
- gender *
- gender reassignment *
- religion or belief *
- sexual orientation *
- marriage and civil partnership *
- pregnancy and maternity *
- refugees and asylum seekers,
- people with diverse communication needs
-*Under the Equality Act (2010) these are known as “protected characteristics”.
As the policy statement says, it applies to all staff, service users, trustees, volunteers and those with whom we work in partnership.
Kopek Security’s vision is to lead the way in ensuring comprehensive prevention, offender management and resettlement services are available across England and Wales. Equality, diversity and inclusion are at the heart of realising this vision. Our approach to equality and diversity is based on the following principles:
Fairness We will work in a way which promotes equality and diversity and which does not discriminate against any of our staff, service users or volunteers.
Respect We will work in partnership with staff, service users and volunteers to encourage a culture where everyone receives respect and can voice their diverse needs, knowing that they will be heard.
Honesty We will work to ensure that our practices are transparent and open to scrutiny.
Providing opportunity We will work towards a culture where all service users, staff and volunteers have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Expertise and excellence We will work to high standards to ensure that the diverse needs of service users are recognised and met.
Achieving our vision: taking action and getting results
The action we take to achieve our vision is vital is covered by Kopek Security’s Equality and Diversity Scheme and action plan. The scheme reflects our commitment to good practice and identifies the key issues for Kopek Security as an employer and service provider. It takes account of legislative and regulatory requirements and identifies key goals to be achieved.
The scheme is assessed and reviewed on a six monthly basis and the results are publicly available. To integrate equality and diversity into everything we do, all of Kopek Security’s directorates have equality and diversity action plans. Corporate and regional equality and diversity working groups ensure good practice is shared and barriers identified.
Reviews on progress and details of our approach to equality and diversity are available on request from firstname.lastname@example.org
Getting involved and keeping informed
People who work for and with Kopek Security or who use Kopek Security’s services are integral to making our vision of equality and diversity a reality. This includes: